There are a lot of things I should be doing for my wedding. That's what I'm anxious about. A selection includes:
- working on suitable songs to suggest for the musicians (jazz pianist + great singer)
- contacting the venue to make sure that we can have said musicians and evening as planned
- wine tasting (why am I holding off on this one?) so we can decide which booze to have on the day
- buying various wedding accoutrements (tiaras, knickers etc. - don't even get me started on borrowed, blue etc.)
- writing my speech (got as far as "accustomed as I am...")
Instead I have done the following:
- Bought an outrageously capacious handbag because it made me smile. It looks a bit like an expensive disabled black leather muppet.
- Worried about Darfur and whether there is anything I personally should do.
- Spent way too long on Goodreads.com listing every book I've ever read and rating it. I even started doing some light reviews this evening. I can't believe I've found another social network that I am willing to surrender yet more of my free time on.