Sunday, March 04, 2007

Back to Life

Despite the anxiety vacuum that has left me desperate to find something else to worry about now that work has calmed down, this weekend I have shamelessly and selfishly enjoyed:
  • making and eating and freezing carrot soup
  • playing scrabble including getting a seven-letter word on the first go
  • learning that my fifteen-year-old brother is wearing something I bought him for his birthday (there was a hideous intra-family "regifting" incident at Christmas involving a past present and my sister's partner)
  • buying my mum a golf club
  • playing tennis - badly
  • painting my best friend's daughter's face so it looked like a grubby approximation of a rabbit

    On reflection a few of these things were in parts altruistic. I didn't even eat all the soup.
  • No comments: